Mr. Paladini serves as Of Counsel for our law firm. He has experience representing both individuals and businesses before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Franchise Tax Board (FTB), Employment Development Department (EDD), and State Board of Equalization (SBOE).
Before joining the firm, Mr. Paladini was a law clerk at a bankruptcy and consumer litigation law firm in San Diego. While at his previous firm, he conducted research, wrote complaints, independently drafted numerous motions and oppositions leading to over 15 successful oppositions to demurrers, and prepared oppositions to motions to dismiss in district courts. He appeared in state court frequently and held second chair at arbitration hearings.
Further, he has acted as a legal advisor and counsel to local unions, helping them with labor and employment matters. He also worked as a tax research specialist at a large tax company. As a tax research specialist, Mr. Paladini evaluated individual and business tax issues and made recommendations regarding the proper tax treatment. In addition, he assisted low-income individuals at USD’s Federal Tax Clinic.
Mr. Paladini earned both his Juris Doctor and Master of Laws in Taxation from the University of San Diego School of Law. Mr. Paladini received a Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies from Montclair State University in Montclair, New Jersey, where he is also licensed to practice law.
Admitted to Practice:
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of New Jersey
- San Diego Bar Association
- North County Bar Association
- Represented taxpayer who had $30 million in alter-ego liens assessed against it. Successfully appealed the filing of the liens and had them all withdrawn.
- Appealed disallowed claim of $1 million in exemptions on taxpayer’s excise tax return. The claim was allowed in appeals resulting in zero tax due.
- Successfully abated full amount of $50,000 trust fund recovery penalty.
- Represented client who omitted income from a foreign account in a federal income tax audit.
- Successfully assisted taxpayer in having IRS withdraw its lien.
- Represented multiple taxpayers with undisclosed foreign income and assisted them in entering the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure and the Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures.
- Represented publicly traded company with over $114 million dollars in payroll tax liability.
- Appeals, Collections, OIC, & Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program IRS & FTB Issues – Southern California Tax Professionals 2014
Return to other firm member Biographies.