Jason Galaif is an associate attorney in our office. Mr. Galaif assists with client matters before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Franchise Tax Board (FTB), Employment Development Department (EDD), and the State Board of Equalization (SBOE).
For his undergraduate education, Mr. Galaif attended the University of Arizona, where he majored in Accounting. During his undergraduate years, Mr. Galaif was a member of the Accounting Student Association. Mr. Galaif received his Juris Doctor and Master of Laws in Taxation from the University Of San Diego School Of Law. While at USD, Mr. Galaif was a member of the University of San Diego Tax Law Society. Mr. Galaif received his CPA license on December 28th, 2016.
Mr. Galaif has successfully defended taxpayers in tax audits, Tax Court litigation, offshore voluntary disclosures and compliance matters, administrative appeals, claims for refund and sensitive tax collection cases. Mr. Galaif also performs in depth research for complicated tax issues that arise in cases for his clients.
- Civil Tax Controversy
- Corporate Law
- Individual and Entity Tax Planning
- Criminal Tax
- Domestic and International Tax Planning
Admitted to Practice before the following Courts:
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- Supreme Court of the State of California
- Planned and assisted a Senior Associate in a deposition of the alleged thief, successfully persuaded IRS Counsel to accept a taxpayer’s claimed theft loss of over $1 million.
- Successfully represented a client against the Florida Department of Revenue with regards to a unique fuel tax assessed, he helped save the client over $800,000.
- Successfully guided many clients through voluntary disclosures of their foreign bank accounts and advised on complex FBAR issues.
- Successfully represented clients in penalty abatement.
Return to other firm member Biographies.