California Bankruptcy. RJS LAW is a full service firm providing guidance for people and businesses in the process of bankruptcy and debt settlement. We have over 17 years of business experience with many trusted relationships in San Diego and California that will help you through the process.
Please contact us for more information about bankruptcy and debt settlement. RJS LAW is an honest, ethical and trustworthy law firm that can guide you through the process referring you to trusting professionals. Phone: 619-777-7700.
More About Bankruptcy
Filing for bankruptcy in California can help a person or business by discarding debt or making a plan to repay debts. A bankruptcy case typically begins when the debtor files a petition with the bankruptcy court. A petition may be filed by an individual, by spouses together, or by a corporation or other entity such as a non-profit. .
All bankruptcy cases are handled in federal courts under rules outlined in the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
There are a number of different types of bankruptcies. They refer to the chapter in the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- Individuals may file Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, this depends on the specifics of their debt situation
- Cities, Municipalities, towns, villages, taxing districts, municipal utilities, and school districts may file under Chapter 9 to reorganize their debts
- Businesses may file bankruptcy under Chapter 7 to liquidate or Chapter 11 to reorganize.
- Chapter 12 provides debt relief to fishermen and family farmers.
- Bankruptcy filings that include parties of more than one country are filed under Chapter 15 bankruptcy code.
More information about filing Bankruptcy Basics
Seeking the advice of a qualified lawyer is strongly recommended because bankruptcy has long-term financial and legal consequences.
For more information please contact us