Email: [email protected]
Brian M Malloy is Of Counsel with RJS LAW and co-chair of its trusts and estates practice group. Over the course of his career, Brian M Malloy has developed a well-rounded breadth of experience in trusts and estates, corporate and real estate transactions, and general business matters. He counsels families, business owners, and successful individuals in all areas of estate planning. His practice has focused on sophisticated family wealth and transfer tax planning, asset protection, complex trust and probate administrations, business succession planning, fiduciary representation, charitable planned giving, and nonprofit tax-exempt organizations representation.
Mr. Malloy also advises private and public companies with respect to entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, private capital, financial transactions, real estate matters, and commercial transactions in general and has been able to provide his clients with valuable and practical legal advice based on his experiences serving as outside general counsel for many companies as well as in-house corporate counsel.
He has also been actively involved in most asset classes of real estate throughout his career, including retail, office, industrial, multi-family, residential, and mixed use, and has creatively negotiated a wide variety of partnership, operating and related agreements.
Prior to joining RJS LAW, Mr. Malloy previously served as in-house corporate counsel for a public company and was a partner at an AmLaw 100 law firm and co-chair of its Wealth Management, Probate, and Asset Protection practice group.
Mr. Malloy received his Juris Doctor from California Western School of Law and his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Accounting and Finance from the University of Arizona where he was a scholarship athlete and four-year letter winner in track and field.
- Estate Planning
- Trust & Estate Administration
- Probate & Trust Litigation
- Corporate and Transactional
- Real Estate
Admitted to Practice:
- State Bar of California
- Supreme Court of the State of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- Supreme Court of Texas
- United States Tax Court
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- State Bar of California
- California Lawyer’s Association (Sections – Business Law, Real Estate Law, Trusts and Estates)
- San Diego County Bar Association
- North County Bar Association
- Rady Children’s Hospital Foundation – Trusts and Estates Executive Committee member
- Make-A-Wish Foundation – Advisor
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Foundation – Advisor
- Vincent de Paul – Father Joe’s Villages – Advisor
- Estate Planning Council of San Diego
- Probate Attorneys of San Diego
- San Diego Honorary Sheriffs Deputy Association (HDSA) – Captain
The Impact of Riots and Looting on Small Business
What is a Guardianship? Guardianship and Advance Health Care Directives
Is Hoarding Considered Estate Planning in Light of COVID-19
Estate Planning for COVID-19
Does Your Contract Have The Coronavirus
Return to other firm member Biographies.