Chief of Marketing
Renae Arabo serves as the Chief of Marketing for RJS LAW located in downtown San Diego. She comes to RJS LAW directly from Neighborhood National Bank where she assisted in community outreach and public relations. She has a diverse background; for over ten years she was a property manager for Shamoun Investments Co. where she marketed and operated an impressive portfolio of commercial and real estate properties throughout San Diego County. This experience, alongside the four years she spent owning and operating the Fashion Flooring and Design Center, led to Ms. Arabo serving as Project Manager and Chief Designer on a number of large scale residential and commercial remodeling projects, including the remodel of the Ronson J. Shamoun Building in the business district in Downtown San Diego, where the firm is currently located. With over twenty years of finance and accounting background and her strong talent for marketing and public relations; Ms. Arabo has assisted in streamlining the firm’s marketing efforts and has helped stimulate a significant increase in both revenue and brand awareness.
Ms. Arabo is passionate about promoting business development in the East County community where she has lived for over forty years. From 2007 through 2015, she served as an active board member for the San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce. She began as Vice Chair of Events and was elected to serve as incoming Chair Woman in 2013, Chair Woman in 2014 and Immediate Past Chair Woman in 2015. In 2009, Ms. Arabo was awarded the “Outstanding Chamber Service Award” from the San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce, and was also nominated as a Woman in Leadership in 2013 and 2014. Ms. Arabo was also awarded Business Volunteer of the Year in 2015. Concurrent with her duties, she completed a two-year term on the Grossmont-Cuyamaca College District Citizen’s Bond Oversight Committee. 2014 marked a momentous year for Ms. Arabo as her achievements were notably highlighted by numerous awards. Ms. Arabo was named as one of San Diego Metro Magazine’s Women Who Impact San Diego, and winner of the San Diego Business Journal’s Women Who Mean Business award. She was nominated as El Cajon Citizen of the year and was appointed to the San Diego Gas and Electric Community Advisory Council and also serves as a member of the Downtown San Diego Partnership. She was appointed by the County Supervisor Dianne Jacob to serve on the San Diego County Commission on the Status of Women. The Commission is mandated to study and advise the San Diego County Board of Supervisors on areas of concern to women’s lives and needs in San Diego County. In 2015, the Sixth Day of February was deemed “Renae Arabo Day” throughout San Diego County by Bill Horn and all members of SD County Board of Supervisors. In conjunction to serving as a Board Member for the Chamber’s Foundation, Ms. Arabo is also helping spearhead a new program in San Diego’s East County where she is a Reserve Board Member for the Ladies of Hope; and is building bridges between non-profit organizations and new refugees who have come to America to find a better life. This program focuses on businesses and organizations in El Cajon partnering together to better understand the needs of their diverse community and create a safe, comfortable space for these recent immigrants to obtain translation assistance, food, and career building services. She is a prominent member of San Diego’s Chaldean Community and is fluent in both Aramaic and Arabic. Her diverse background, many accolades, and extensive experiences in community involvement make her a valuable asset for RJS LAW.
Ms. Arabo graduated from the University of San Diego with a Bachelor of Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance and a minor in Accounting. She is married to her husband, Alan Arabo, and has three children where they reside in the city of El Cajon.
Awards and Commendations:
- San Diego’s Top Marketing Executive- San Diego Metro Magazine 2017
- Women of the Year Finalist- San Diego Magazine 2016
- Women Who Impact San Diego Winner – San Diego Metro Magazine 2016
- Business Volunteer of the Year- San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce— 2015
- Women Who Mean Business Finalist- San Diego Business Journal -2015
- Served as Chairwoman of San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce— 2014
- San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce Foundation Board Member—2011- Present
- Women in Leadership Finalist – San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce—2013 & 2014
- Women Who Mean Business Winner – San Diego Business Journal 2014
- Women Who Impact San Diego Winner – San Diego Metro Magazine 2014
- Appointed San Diego County Commission on the Status of Women by the County Supervisor Dianne Jacob-2014
- San Diego Gas and Electric Community Advisory Council – 2014-Present
- El Cajon Citizen of the Year Nominee— 2015
- Grossmont- Cuyamaca Community College District Bond Oversight Committee— 2012 & 2013
- Reserve Board Member for the Ladies of Hope—2010-Present
Return to other firm member Biographies.